Test można również wydrukować. Pobierz go tutaj.
(1) My name is Juan and I _____ from Spain.
a) isb) bec) ared) am
(2) Where _____?
a) does he workb) he worksc) he does workd) works he
(3) Who did _____ at the party?
a) you sawb) you seec) saw youd) see
4) ‘_____ to Australia, Ginny?’ ‘No, I haven’t.’
a) Did you ever gob) Will you ever goc) Are you ever goingd) Have you ever been
(5) Tokyo is _____ city I’ve ever lived in.
a) the most bigb) the biggerc) the biggestd) the more big
(6) Is she the woman _____ husband is a famous musician?
a) whichb) thatc) whod) whose
(7) The police wanted to know exactly how the money _____ stolen from the bank.
a) isb) wasc) getsd) did
(8) By the time Mary gets here, the movie _____.
a) will finishb) is going to finishc) will have finishedd) Is finishing
(9) You _____ tell anyone about this, Sara. It’s our secret, OK?
a) couldn’tb) wouldn’tc) mustn’td) don’t have to
(10) I think you _____ leave now, it’s getting late.
a) canb) wouldc) willd) should
(11) I wish I _____ in such a cold country!
a) didn’t liveb) haven’t livedc) won’t lived) am not living
(12) If Jack _____ music, he wouldn’t have become a concert pianist.
a) hadn’t studiedb) didn’t studyc) wouldn’t have studiedd) hasn’t studied
(13) I always go to the movies _____ Fridays.
a) onb) inc) atd) by
(14) I will _____ you tomorrow.
a) shoutb) cryc) calld) say
(15) Hannah’s a really _____ person. She’s always smiling.
a) sensibleb) interestingc) talkatived) cheerful
(16) I have no _____ what time the swimming pool opens.
a) beliefb) opinionc) idead) feeling
(17) It was a beautiful day so we went on a boat _____ on the lake.
a) rideb) travelc) drived) sightseeing
(18) It was a great meal, but pretty expensive. Just look at the _____!
a) ticketb) recipec) invoiced) bill
(19) Laura rarely leaves the house without _____her make-up on.
a) doingb) puttingc) havingd) getting
(20) Joel came back from his holiday in Brazil looking really _____.
a) tannedb) sunnedc) colouredd) darkened
(21) I’m not very interested _____ sports.
a) forb) aboutc) ind) to
(22) She likes _____ expensive clothes.
a) to wearingb) wearingc) weard) is wearing
(23) Harry _____ his father’s car when the accident happened.
a) was drivingb) drovec) had drivend) has been driving
(24) I was wondering _____ tell me when the next plane from Chicago arrives?
a) could youb) can youc) if you couldd) please
(25) If I _____ you had cancelled the meeting I wouldn’t have turned up!
a) knewb) have knownc) had knownd) know
(26) I like your hair. Where _____?
a) cut you itb) did you have it cutc) do you cut itd) have it cut
(27) I think Joey must _____ late tonight. His office light is still on.
a) have workedb) workc) be workingd) to work
(28) John tells me Jack’s going out with Helen, _____ I find hard to believe.
a) thatb) whoc) whosed) which
(29) We _____ to the new house by the end of the week, so we won’t be here next Sunday.
a) will have movedb) will be movingc) will moved) are moving
(30) What _____ this weekend, Lance?
a) will you dob) are you doingc) will you have doned) do you do
(31) The weather has been awful. We’ve had very _____ sunshine this summer.
a) littleb) a littlec) fewd) a few
(32) Did you hear what happened to Kate? She _____.
a) is arrestedb) arrestedc) has been arrestedd) is being arrested
(33) I often _____ football when I’m at the beach.
a) haveb) goc) dod) play
(34) My sister _____ the cooking in our house.
a) doesb) makesc) cooksd) takes
(35) Don’t forget to _____ the light when you go out.
a) turn upb) turn inc) turn offd) turn over
(36) I hope this cut on my hand _____ quickly.
a) curesb) healsc) treatsd) restores
(37) She just burst into _____ when she heard the tragic news.
a) cryingb) tearsc) criesd) break down
(38) He _____ that he hadn’t stolen the computer, but no one believed him.
a) reassuredb) informedc) insistedd) persuaded
(39) Could you _____ me that book for a couple of days, please?
a) lendb) owec) borrowd) rent
(40) Greg is _____ a lot of time at Yvonne’s house these days!
a) takingb) spendingc) havingd) doing
(41) Who _____ in that house?
a) does he liveb) livesc) did he lived) he lives
(42) I will call you when I _____ home.
a) getb) will getc) gotd) getting
(43) If you _____ me, what would you do?
a) wasb) would bec) wered) have been
(44) I don’t know where _____ last night.
a) did he gob) he did goc) went hed) he went
(45) John and Betty are coming to visit us tomorrow but I wish _____.
a) they won’tb) they hadn’tc) they didn’td) they weren’t
(46) I’m so hungry! If only Bill _____ all the food in the fridge!
a) wasn’t eatingb) didn’t eatc) hadn’t eatend) hasn’t eaten
(47) I regret _____ harder in school.
a) not studyingb) not to studyc) to not studyd) not have studied
(48) Surely Sue _____ you if she was unhappy with your work.
a) will tellb) would have toldc) must have toldd) had told
(49) Our neighbours aren’t very polite, and _____ particularly quiet!
a) neither they aren’tb) either they aren’tc) nor are theyd) neither did they be
(50) We had expected that they _____ fluent English, but in fact they didn’t.
a) were speakingb) would speakc) had spokend) spoke
(51) I’d rather _____ next weekend, but I do!
a) I don’t have to workb) I didn’t have to workc) not to workd) no working
(52) Harriet is so knowledgeable. She can talk about _____ subject that comes up.
a) whateverb) wheneverc) whereverd) whoever
(53) I always _____ milk in my coffee.
a) haveb) eatc) cookd) make
(54) I _____ TV every evening.
a) watchb) look atc) seed) hear
(55) Can you give me a _____ with my bag.
a) legb) backc) handd) head
(56) Before you enter the triathlon, please bear in _____ that you’re not as young as you used to be!
a) thoughtb) questionc) mindd) opinion
(57) The breath test showed he had consumed more than three times the legal limit of alcohol, so the police arrested him for _____.
a) trespassingb) muggingc) speedingd) drunk driving
(58) The meeting was _____ and not very interesting.
a) time-wastingb) time-consumingc) time-usingd) out of time
(59) After the movie was released, the main _____ point was its excessive use of violence.
a) discussionb) speakingc) conversationd) talking
(60) There have been several big _____ against the use of GM foods recently.
a) campaignsb) issuesc) boycottsd) strikes
Imię i nazwisko *
Adres e-mail *